I am an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO. At this time, I am an out-of-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield plans on the Marketplace as well as all HMO plans. I also accept Medicare Part B for adults who are over the age of 65 only. If you would like to use another insurance policy to cover psychotherapy, I will provide you with an insurance-ready invoice to submit to your insurance company directly. Out-of-network benefits vary by insurance plan and coverage and insurance companies will reimburse you directly.
All co-pays and fees are due at the beginning of each session and can be paid via cash or check.
If you choose to utilize your insurance for out-of-network coverage, I encourage you to contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- What is the out-of-network coverage for CPT code 90834?
- How many sessions will be covered per calendar year?
- What is my out-of-network deductible? Has it been met?
- Do I need prior approval or a referral from my primary care physician?